“Growing food for me is all about liberation. It’s about finding agency and being empowered throught he very intrinsic bond between people and nature” —Shannon Lai
- Find an area with direct sunlight.
- If you’re planting in either upcycled containers or regular pots make sure they have drain holes.
- If you have limited space, go vertical.
Choose well your plants & herbs
- the day you start planting make sure it’s the right season to start growing what you want.
- make sure they have short roots—better for container growing.
- pick tall growing vegetables: eg. tomatoes, squash, cucumbers are easier to plant in small areas.
- choose exceptional soil quality, organic is ideal.
Water, water, water
- Remember to water your plants daily!
- Play music for them for optimal results.
- Follow blogs and pages that give you insights on how to keep your garden happy—@freedom_gardens and @kayatreepermaculture are a good place to start.
- Read up on handbooks and guides to learn more about your plants.
- Take advice from your friends or relatives that have more gardening experience than you.